The pregnancy storyline.

Go down

The pregnancy storyline.

Post  Danielle on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:00 pm

ALL I have seen on twitter, tumblr, whatever ,about the pregnancy storyline is "OMG WHY DO THIS TO OLIVIA" or "WHY HURT HER AGAIN". I'VE JUST SEEN "OLIVIA'S GOING TO SUFFER AGAIN."
I'm sorry but WHAT. WHAT?! Is she the one who was tricked into having sex with someone who was basically a stranger? Is she the one who's going to have to choose between the people she loves and her child when she kills herself and 7 billion other people? Is she the one who already feels like they don't belong anywhere so having a child in an alternate universe is going to make her feel more torn than she already is?
No. No she's not. What has happened to her is she was prevented from going home. The guy she liked but never really made a move on clung onto the one piece of happiness in his life and now he's having a kid.
That is her involvement in this storyline.
But because the writers are as disillusioned as most of the fans, it will probably be played out like Peter's this cold man-slut who sleeps around and Olivia is this poor broken little thing who has been betrayed by the object of her affections.

You know what Fringe is turning into? A soap opera. And it's shite. Dani's mad.

Like all Peter is is an excuse for Olivia to break a little more cause of her so hard life.

I needed this rant. That is all.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The pregnancy storyline.

Post  monnie44 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm

I have a bit more faith in the writers, and that they do not actually follow the same biased thought process as most of the show's fans. Smile

Lol I have been scratching my head over the "omg poor Olivia!!!!!" comments that are in direct relation to the pregnancy possibility too!

.... Really, guys? You don't think that this storyline might just be a LITTLE bit harder on one of the others characters who, maybe, had just been practically raped, and now has a CHILD totally and utterly against his own will, who will probably be used to BLACKMAIL HIM? Remember that character? He's this tall guy who has been looking very sad and has been feeling so guilty he doesn't even seem to remember that he has been taken advantage of and abused too. Sad And this? This will fundamentally change EVERY ASPECT of the REST OF HIS LIFE.

Olivia is having a hard time - YES, she is, and that sucks for her - but her wounds will heal and she will be able to get through the identity crisis and eventually be totally okay. Children are just a little bit different. They impact EVERYTHING. FOREVER. And to have that sprung on you after you have been emotionally abused by the woman, lied to, manipulated, and deeply, deeply hurt, is just fucking sickening - especially since it would seem her motives were not for a fucking baby, but for a MISSION. Jfc Peter, how you hold it together with this revelation I need to see, because after everything that has ripped apart every aspect of his life, and tainted every memory, this is the last thing that man should ever have to face.

So, again, why on EARTH is Olivia getting the first thought here? I'm so confused.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Special Agent Olivia Dunham. Her life also really sucks, but she chooses to smile every once in awhile because smiling is fun and smiling’s her favorite. Backstabbed by her would-be beau who chose the sassier version of herself. She did the smart thing by not taking him back, because let’s face it, I hated him anyway.

HOLD ME THE FUCK BACK.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS REBLOG THE SHIT OUT OF THAT, COMPLETELY TEAR THE POSTER OF IT INTO A MILLION FUCKING PIECES, SEE THEM DEAL WITH THE SHIT PETER GOES THROUGH, THEN THROW THEM IN A BOILING PIT OF LAVA WITH CONSTIPATED!OLIVE TO BURN AND MELT AND SUFFER THE SLOWEST MOST FUCKING PAINFUL DEATH IN EXISTENCE.
Larissa
Admin

http://twitter.com/#!/ObsessedPenis

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Larissa wrote:
Special Agent Olivia Dunham. Her life also really sucks, but she chooses to smile every once in awhile because smiling is fun and smiling’s her favorite. Backstabbed by her would-be beau who chose the sassier version of herself. She did the smart thing by not taking him back, because let’s face it, I hated him anyway.

HOLD ME THE FUCK BACK.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS REBLOG THE SHIT OUT OF THAT, COMPLETELY TEAR THE POSTER OF IT INTO A MILLION FUCKING PIECES, SEE THEM DEAL WITH THE SHIT PETER GOES THROUGH, THEN THROW THEM IN A BOILING PIT OF LAVA WITH CONSTIPATED!OLIVE TO BURN AND MELT AND SUFFER THE SLOWEST MOST FUCKING PAINFUL DEATH IN EXISTENCE.

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHO WAS IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T DO IT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL. I WILL DO IT. THE GASP I JUST DID. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? WHEN DOES OLIVIA EVER SMILE? SHE DOESN'T FUCKING SMILE AND HOW THE FUCK DID PETER BACKSTAB HER? WHAT? WHAT IF HE DIDN'T WANT HER BACK?
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HATE PETER?
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm

monnie44 wrote:I have a bit more faith in the writers, and that they do not actually follow the same biased thought process as most of the show's fans. Smile

Lol I have been scratching my head over the "omg poor Olivia!!!!!" comments that are in direct relation to the pregnancy possibility too!

.... Really, guys? You don't think that this storyline might just be a LITTLE bit harder on one of the others characters who, maybe, had just been practically raped, and now has a CHILD totally and utterly against his own will, who will probably be used to BLACKMAIL HIM? Remember that character? He's this tall guy who has been looking very sad and has been feeling so guilty he doesn't even seem to remember that he has been taken advantage of and abused too. Sad And this? This will fundamentally change EVERY ASPECT of the REST OF HIS LIFE.

Olivia is having a hard time - YES, she is, and that sucks for her - but her wounds will heal and she will be able to get through the identity crisis and eventually be totally okay. Children are just a little bit different. They impact EVERYTHING. FOREVER. And to have that sprung on you after you have been emotionally abused by the woman, lied to, manipulated, and deeply, deeply hurt, is just fucking sickening - especially since it would seem her motives were not for a fucking baby, but for a MISSION. Jfc Peter, how you hold it together with this revelation I need to see, because after everything that has ripped apart every aspect of his life, and tainted every memory, this is the last thing that man should ever have to face.

So, again, why on EARTH is Olivia getting the first thought here? I'm so confused.

I don't think she's actually pregnant now but still, I mean Peter would be the kid's father, the kid he didn't even want. Olivia's not related to it or tied down by it in any way at all so it's impossible for me to see how Olivia could in any way be affected worse than Peter here.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:48 am

Danielle wrote:
OH MY FUCKING GOD WHO WAS IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T DO IT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL. I WILL DO IT. THE GASP I JUST DID. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? WHEN DOES OLIVIA EVER SMILE? SHE DOESN'T FUCKING SMILE AND HOW THE FUCK DID PETER BACKSTAB HER? WHAT? WHAT IF HE DIDN'T WANT HER BACK?
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HATE PETER?

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, I JUST LEFT TUMBLR IN A MASSIVE FIT OF ANGER. IT WAS SOME RANDOM PERSON WHO SHIPS OLIVIA/ERICA (FROM V) AND SINCE THAT'S BECOME A MASSIVE SHIP ON TUMBLR, PEOPLE USE IT TO RIDICULE CHARACTERS IN BOTH OF THE SHOWS.

SHE DOES SMILE, SHE GETS TO FUCKING SMILE MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. HOW IS SHE HAVING THE WORST TIME WHEN NO ONE ELSE GETS THE HAPPINESS SHE DOES WITH ELLA AND RACHEL?
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 am

NO BUT PETER LAUGHS AND HE GRINS WHEN HE MAKES HIS FUNNY COMMENTS SO HE'S OBVIOUSLY HAPPY, HAPPY AND A BACKSTABBER.
THE PETER BISHOP RP WAS EVEN GETTING THE OMG YOU'RE SUCH A BASTARD POOR OLIVIA THING. LOOK AT THE CONVERSATION WITH @nikoleta_k.

AS SOON AS I FINISH MY FOOD (I'M GONNA GO FOR FOOD IN A MINUTE) I'M GOING TO WRITE QUITE THE LENGTHY TUMBLR POST TO ALL THESE PETER HATERS. THEY ANNOY ME.
Danielle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm

DO IT BABY I'M BEHIND YOU.

UGH I DON'T HAVE A TUMBLR BUT NOW I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 am

Danielle wrote:
AS SOON AS I FINISH MY FOOD (I'M GONNA GO FOR FOOD IN A MINUTE) I'M GOING TO WRITE QUITE THE LENGTHY TUMBLR POST TO ALL THESE PETER HATERS. THEY ANNOY ME.

IMMA REBLOG IT IN ALL OF IT'S GLORY.
Larissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overthere on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

KSO....at first, I was trying to avoid this topic, because as you all know, I don't mind Olivia. In fact, I like her. So I didn't want to come in here and say the whole pregnancy crap will hurt both people and rant about Olivia because its a Peter forum after all Very Happy BUT, I definitely agree that its gonna hurt Peter wayyyyyyy more. DUH. That's pretty easy to see.

ANYWAY. Its always saddened me how people have given up on Peter because of Altiv. Like...at first, I wasn't angry, just really disappointed and upset. And then I see people defending him, like you guys, Lauren, and I think I've seen Ambre (Elialys) and a few others defend him too. So that made me happy.

BUT....

WHAT. IN. GODS. NAME?!?!? SRSLY?! WHO THE HECK WROTE THAT? NOW IM PISSED YO. IF I HAD A TUMBLR (which I hope to get back on someday) I WOULD REBLOG THAT POST OF YOURS DANI UNTIL THE DIE I DIE. I SWEAR TO GOD. SOMEBODY BETTA HOLD ME BACK. SERIOUSLY. HOLD MY EARRINGS OR SOMETHING WHILE I GO KICK THEIR SORRY LITTLE BEHIND.

Ok, I'm done now. Whew.
overthere

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm

First, I love Olivia, yes I do. But....

My first love is Peter. I admit, I was disappointed in him at first for not figuring out the switch. But in life, we are often most disappointed with those that we love and admire. But he's freaking human! Smart people do make mistakes and they often come in the form of matters of the heart.

The poor boy has been through freaking Hell since Jacksonville. That's been awhile! He had Walter lying to him, Olivia wanting to tell him, but chickening out. People treating him weird and making him feel like he had some disease. Then when he "escapes' from the hospital and Walter, he can't even catch a break then. Peter got involved in the murder cases b/c the poor guy was so paranoid that Newton was killing these poor girls that may or may not have seen/talked with him.

Seeing a world torn apart because of your kidnapping sure is a kick in the nuts. Why don't we just make it so that you have the power to destroy worlds too... No big deal there. Geez! Talk about wanting to end it so that choice is not in his hands...

He thought he had what he wanted. Love from someone he admired and cared for deeply. He trusted and got his heart stomped and tossed in the garbage disposal. But people forget that he hurts. I can't believe those that said he loved Alt-Liv. She screwed not only his body, but his mind. She lied and manipulated him... How in the world can anyone think he loves her after that?! That kind of scenario really makes him seem lame. Peter deep down is a guy of great love for those he cares about. Why can't he be given the benefit of the doubt?

Ya know, I would have loved for something bad to have happened to Olivia so that he did hunt AltLiv down and make her pay!

For those that rag on Peter, I do want to punt them.

The garden scene hurt. I mean, I did feel bad for Olivia. What she said to Peter was mean and hurtful. That's how she chose to deal with it at the time, because Peter would let her. He has probably put on so many false faces in his life, that getting into the real Peter Bishop is a hard shell to crack. All he could say was sorry, because come on, his world was shook-up in a fundamental manner for the third time in the span of only a few months. Heck, I'd be fairly speechless too.

I'm glad that Peter is not allowing Olivia to run him over so much. He has to get her to shut-up so he can talk. He takes some blame, but also tells her that they share the same intimacy issues. It's not all him. It's not all her.

I am not too keen on this baby idea either that has been floating around since he was hornswaggled and seduced. I blame fanfiction Mad He does not need any more weight. He's not Atlas!!

I stay strong on my stance that Peter is the heart of Fringe. No Peter, no Fringe. Worlds revolve around him and exist at his whim. Wink

collectivesoul

http://fringeofohio.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 pm

My first love is Peter. I admit, I was disappointed in him at first for not figuring out the switch. But in life, we are often most disappointed with those that we love and admire. But he's freaking human! Smart people do make mistakes and they often come in the form of matters of the heart.

I agree. Sure, when it became clear in 3x06 that he wasn't figuring it out, I became frustrated too. But ultimately, I like now that he didn't just know - I don't want him to be this impossible, fake being - I like my characters to be real. He had no real reason to suspect her, and with his emotional state in those episodes, and his close proximity to Olivia (therefore, he was viewing her the most subjectively out of any of the charcters, which actually makes him the last person people should have expected to see through her) I can understand totally how he didn't figure it out. And it's not like the immense guilt he feels after this doesn't more than make up for the fact that he made a mistake. I can't agree with those fans who think he now has a million things to prove to Olivia. She is hurt, definitely. But none of it was Peter's fault, and he is a victim too.

The poor boy has been through freaking Hell since Jacksonville. That's been awhile! He had Walter lying to him, Olivia wanting to tell him, but chickening out. People treating him weird and making him feel like he had some disease. Then when he "escapes' from the hospital and Walter, he can't even catch a break then. Peter got involved in the murder cases b/c the poor guy was so paranoid that Newton was killing these poor girls that may or may not have seen/talked with him.

Seeing a world torn apart because of your kidnapping sure is a kick in the nuts. Why don't we just make it so that you have the power to destroy worlds too... No big deal there. Geez! Talk about wanting to end it so that choice is not in his hands...

Yeah, can they deal with this please? I need them to deal with this. He has been through so much I just don't know how he isn't clinically depressed by now. He can't even keep his composure during cases at the moment - see: scene in Olivia's office where he has to stop himself from bursting into tears before he can even come out to see Walter's experiment. Sad Peter's at full capacity - he can't take anymore.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Now TV guide has been talking about this nonsense with none other than Mr. Josh Jackson himself. Being that he is the king of misdirection, hope he is laughing his balls off at the "answers" he gave. I wonder if he has been hanging at the fan forums having a good chuckle?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Joshua-...on-1028470.aspx
collectivesoul

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 pm

collectivesoul wrote:Now TV guide has been talking about this nonsense with none other than Mr. Josh Jackson himself. Being that he is the king of misdirection, hope he is laughing his balls off at the "answers" he gave. I wonder if he has been hanging at the fan forums having a good chuckle?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Joshua-...on-1028470.aspx

XD

To be honest, I don't really trust anything that comes out of that man's mouth to the press.

He spent all of the first season insisting that Peter and Olivia were like "brother and sister". "LIKE BROTHER AND SISTER!!!!111" Sure, JJ. Wink

I think he's a shit-stirrer alright. I'd agree, I think he's probably lurking in one of the boards right this minute trying to see how badly he's set us off. I'll be taking his comments with a grain of salt. Wink

It is a good thing, really, that Joshua Jackson doesn't actually write the show.
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smatchiemo on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 am

...All I have to add to this, is that I really hope they don't bring a goddamned baby into this story.

I watch it for the monsters, the sci-fi, the Peter, etc. I don't watch it for fucking relationships and baby daddies. If I wanted to see that shit I'd turn on Lifetime or literally every other show/channel on TV. Give me a break!
smatchiemo

Back to top Go down

Post  monnie44 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am

smatchiemo wrote:...All I have to add to this, is that I really hope they don't bring a goddamned baby into this story.

I watch it for the monsters, the sci-fi, the Peter, etc. I don't watch it for fucking relationships and baby daddies. If I wanted to see that shit I'd turn on Lifetime or literally every other show/channel on TV. Give me a break!

I think it's a given now, unfortunately. I do. Sad

Um so unless they are bringing the child in to drive Peter to a catacalysmic psychotic break - herein reinforcing the fact that his entire life has been on a crash-course to destruction since the end of "The Man From The Other Side", in which he is lied to be all those he loves, manipulated and used by his real father, lost the woman he loves, been sexually abused, emotionally abused, and given the fate of two worlds upon his head - I am not seeing how this storyline shall succeed. Smile
monnie44
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  collectivesoul on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 am

I am starting to think Peter's theme song should be "Broken, Beat and Scarred" by Metallica... geez.
collectivesoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum